Located near the Via Francigena, it was probably a stopping point for pilgrims heading to Rome.
The main building, partly dating back to around 1500, then took on an eighteenth-century layout of a fortified farm with lateral towers, slits, windows tapering towards the outside and a stone fence (1757). The changes that occurred during the twentieth century, including the suppression of the side covers and the raising of the roof, have not compromised the understanding of its history and its charm.
The large adjacent square is used in spring and autumn for meetings, lunches and parties. The lime tree forest in front is an island of cool experienced on hot summer days. At the back a secret garden is being restored.
Inside, the house is divided into two distinct parts: the northern area is the oldest nucleus and still retains the original floors and barrel and cross vaults. The area south of the central staircase corresponds to the eighteenth-century expansion where, in the nineteenth-twentieth century, the opening of the large living room with fireplace and painted ceiling and the creation of the new kitchen took place.
The house
The garden
The interiors